Friday, March 21, 2008

"Homeless Went Hungry Thanksgiving Due to My Photo"


The neighborhood newspaper I work for assigned me to photograph the local food bank with all the donations dropped off the day before Thanksgiving to illustrate the generosity of our community. This is the photo which I took from a tall ladder of the food and polite assistant. The director knew I was there, but had other plans that afternoon.
I recently ran into the food bank director at a chamber of commerce luncheon. She got right in my face and said, "I direct the food bank. Thanks to your photo in the paper, people stopped donating because you made it look like we had so much food. We ran out of food for the homeless and it is your fault!

2 comments:

Randy said...

shame on you..you every vagrant a McD's happy meal for restitution.... some people...sheeesh.... Imagine...showing the truth

Randy said...

oops...you owe every vagrant....