Monday, March 17, 2008

"Like Father, Like Son"



The b&w eye-catching photo was taken by my father, Art Shay, and appears in his book, Nelson Algren's Chicago, which is a book about Nelson Algren in Chicago. I mean, he didn't actually purchase the entire city. 
I took the color shot because my girlfriend, Laura, and I were at a typical Seattle circus and she said, "Steve! Take a picture of that! He looks like that guy with the sword in your dad's book! Perhaps the guy in my photo is really the son of the guy in my dad's photo. They do have a family resemblance, and perhaps someday HIS son will become a things hanging from the eyelids performer, too...or better yet, an optometrist. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

The similarities are freaky!

Randy said...

That is amazing that you find a similar freaky thing to photograph, it would be really freaky if they proved to be family too....